Business Development Manager
Are you passionate about sales?
Do you love the hunt that leads to closing deals?
Are you tired of being pulled into operations and dealing with corporate hierarchy?
If you answered yes to these questions – then you’ll be a perfect fit at Gillis in driving sales revenue for our multi-brand hotel portfolio!
We are looking for team players who have a proven track record of top sales in the hospitality industry, and a desire to continue building a successful career.
Our focus is on increasing sales revenue and building both short term and long term business at our clients’ properties. We embrace the dynamic nature of our industry and always ask ourselves, “How can this be done better?” and “How can we provide more value?”
We truly care about our clients, our work and one another, which is why we go deeper into their business and partner with them as an extension of their team. Our sales professionals are solutions focused, know how to leverage technology, are innovative and move beyond selling “rates, dates and space.”
Work from the comfort of your home office in a fun, fast paced environment where you can grow and be rewarded for your success!
About the Role
- The Business Development Manager will provide sales support for 8 to 10 multi-branded hotels
- Position is home-based
- Develop sales (rolling action plan) and strategy to meet or exceed room night and other revenue goals as designated by client and Gillis
- Act as a seamless extension of the hotel and represent hotels with professionalism and integrity
- Activate new accounts in the local market and increase market share from existing accounts
- Develop and nurture a sales pipeline to build medium to long term business
- Ensure hotels are leveraging the brand’s resources and programs
- Create a sales focused culture with the General Managers and Front Desk staff by sharing best practices and peer to peer coaching
- Understand the overall market dynamics – competitors’, economic trends, supply and demand, and how to sell for assigned accounts
- Identify emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and assigned
- Participate in bi-weekly sales communication calls with your designated hotels
- 3-5 years on-site hotel sales experience
- Solid knowledge of leveraging technology to shorten the sales cycle and savvy about online search engines and social media
- Ability to respond quickly to all internal, client, and external customer communications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to formulate general correspondence, proposals, reports, and effectively communicate with hotel clients and customers
Please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of Our Clients
Proudly Serving Clients throughout US & Canada
Director of Operations, Mouallem Management Group
CHA, General Manager, Denham Hospitality Organization
Owner/General Manager, Best Western Plus
General Manager, Best Western Plus
General Manager, Best Western Plus
President, Colorado Hospitality, Inc.
Sales is the life blood of your organization.
No business has ever succeeded without sales. Knowing where to start can be overwhelming.
The good news is, we can teach you how to do it OR we can do it for you.
Our services will help you sell more rooms, stand out and succeed in a competitive market, and train your staff to implement sales more effectively.
Interested to learn how this applies to your specific hotel? Contact us for a complimentary sales consultation.